Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To: My Rocks of Rocks

After sooooooo many requests (1) for a new blog post, I decided it was time to write again.  Not much has been going on so I'm going to use this post as a dedication to my "Rocks of Rocks":  Unicorn/Horse BFF, The Great Wall of China, Losbroccoli, Laura K (how can i not have a nickname for you?? i guess you can't stay anonymous then. haha ), Riff (to my Raff), my Original Gangsta, Lem, Marv, and Doro.


2010 was "[Sandy's] horrible, terrible, no good, very bad [year]".  But because of you guys, I'm rebounding to a pretty great 2011.  Thanks for being YOU!


Hmm...just for fun, I think I'll just turn this post into a "Rocks of Rocks" vocabulary lesson :)

ROCKS' VOCAB 101


YOY,SOY,FOF= Year of Yes, Spring/Summer of Yes, Fall of Fun (I always say 'Fall of F*ck' in my head. such a meat head, i know!). This is a reminder to ourselves to always try new things, meet new people, and just have fun. Coined by the Chensies circa 2008, it's the motto we live by.  Some would consider it our religion! :) I believe we are currently on SOY version 6.0.


OSB = Operation: Sexy Beast.  Coined by my Original Gangsta and myself circa 2003.  I think it went something like this:
            Me:  Dude!  I'm getting FAT!
            OG:  Not me! I've been working out.  I'm going to be a BEAST!
            Me:  Ooooh oooooh oooooh!  I want to be a beast too! 
            OG:  Girls can't be beasts!
            Me:  ok...i'll be a SEXY beast then!  Operation: Sexy Beast! O.S.B! woot WOOT!


If you are at the gym and you hear an obnoxious person chanting, "O.S.B! O.S.B!! O.S.B!!!" with every push up, squat, or sit up...THAT is of one of "my people"!  :)


Bread (White, Rye, Wheat, Panini, Toast, Dirty Toast) = How Riff and Raff describe dudes. Guys refer to chicks as protein. We refer to dudes as carbs (February 2010).


Unicorns = Magical (this is debatable) but not real. A dude you could or should NEVER be with.  Lem coined this in June 2009.  She defined them as "mythical beasts" (but "beast" in a bad way, not in the "sexy beast" kind of way). haha


Horses =  Trustworthy, loyal, and handsome. These are the dudes you WANT to be with. Horses trump Unicorns ALWAYS!  I coined this for my Horse BFF (February 2011).  "He's your horse!" <3 umm...the downside?  real horse.  real shit. 


There are plenty more...but too lazy to think right now.  Much love to the Tier 1!


<3,
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. whoa, i made the list! thanks sandy! love! hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. los. ofcourse! how can you be surprised by that?! we've been through EVERYTHING...well...you've been there through MY everything. love love LOVE you. congrats to you and Judy. cannot wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete